Hubby and I have been focused on eating a bit healthier lately, along with adding in a lot more exercise. We both have more energy, and are feeling happier overall–which makes it so much easier to stick to our healthier lifestyle.
I am a salad girl, so making sure to get a side salad in with dinner every day–with homemade dressing, of course–was easy. Not sautéing my veggies in boatloads of oil and/or butter should have been harder, but I have learned that grilling or roasting them gives just as much flavor with less added fat.
|2 lbs.||Fresh Asparagus|
|2 Tbsp.||Olive Oil|
|Kosher or Sea Salt|
- Preheat grill on high or oven to 425.
- Clean the asparagus and snap the ends off each stalk. (Hold the top and bottom and bend until it snaps. This will break off the woody part at the bottom of each stalk.)
- Place in a large bowl, and toss with Olive Oil, Salt, and Pepper until well coated.
- Lay asparagus side-by-side on the grill across the grates, so it doesn’t fall through. Drop heat to medium and close cover.
- Grill for 3-4 minutes, until charred. Flip, and grill an additional 3-4 minutes.
- Alternatively, lay asparagus on a baking sheet and roast for 15-20 minutes, flipping once.
- Serve and enjoy!
Simple, healthy, and super-tasty, this has been a family favorite for years! I hope you enjoy it, too!
Are you excited for grilling season? Do you have a favorite trick for eating more vegetables? Any great healthy recipes you can’t live without? Please share!